I did swear I would never talk about or make gluten free recipes. Just the concept of a flourless cake made me change my mind not because of allergies just because of the amazing taste. Here is an easy and perfect recipe bursting with chocolate and surprising other notes.
- Start by heating your oven to 175°c.
- Melt your chocolate.
- Grease your cake tin with olive oil and put a bit of parchment paper at the bottom.
- Separate whites and yolks.
- Add the olive oil, 100g of sugar and the lemon zest to the melted chocolate.
- Add the yolks one at a time and whisk.
- Add the almond powder and the salt.
- Whisk the whites until they make soft peaks then add the sugar little by little until they make firm meringue like peaks.
- Use a spatula to fold in the eggs whites in the chocolate trying not to crush to many bubbles.
- Fill the cake tin and put in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes doing the stick test to check if it’s cooked or still gooey.
- When ready let it cool down (or not) and serve with a scoop of ice cream or sorbet.
Pairing with a wine of Chablis will never work so go for either a Chardonnay grap juice or Ratafia from Domaine Verret.
For 1 cake you will need:
- 170g dark chocolate
- 150g sugar
- 125ml olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Zest of a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 35g of almond powder